Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 29

pops! im afraid i wont have too many more crazy stories.. my milwaukee days are over. but ive got a list of some good ones that are gonna have to wait two years!!  elder jimenez is awesome we are really working well together..and get a long great. we are working so diligently...not much fruits yet but they will come. Green Bay is awesome though! the work is harder but challenges mean your growing! and ready to take on more! its sure great to have my wheels back! first time this week ive riddin a bike in 5 months...no...i didnt need training wheels ! haha. the work here is hard but its pretty great too... it has its ups and downs! there is lots ..tons of spanish work!! weve been trackting trailer parks and apartments all week. the first thing we do when we get to apartments is go strait to the mailboxes, look at the last names, write down the apartments that seem to be hispanic, then start knocking!! its been working really good lately! we were at some apartments this week and were walking out the door back outside and there was a family! next thing we know we are in there living room teaching the restoration! they had some amazing questions and are really intrested! especially interested in the book of mormon!  as a companionship this week one of our main goals was to be more bold and teach every lesson towards baptism. everyday we have prayerfully seeked days for each investigator that we were going to teach that day for a date we knew they could be ready to be baptized by. the power that brought into our lessons  was immense. fransisco is an amazing guy we are teaching rightnow... our first lesson was last week we teached the restoration and baptism...he said he wants to but only wen he is ready. our last lesson this week was amazing. we went in with a date that we knew he could be ready by. he didnt read 2nephi 2 so thats what we ended up doing! we read with him that amazing powerful chapter. the spirit was so strong. and elder jimenez and i were really unified. something ive leardned this week is that the spirit has no language barrier. as we sat in his old rundown trailer... the spirit filled the room. i received so many promptings as we taught. wether it was just a thougt or an experience or being able to address a need of his the spirit guided me it guided both of us in that lesson! and we both knew it. another thing ive come to know is that when we follow promptings that firs one we do follow opens the door to so many more! this week , like i said before, our goal was to be bold and to always teach to baptism...and to prayerfully seek a date. in our lesson with fransisco i had a a very strong feeling to invite him to be baptized again. so i did. and then we were both able to testify that we both knew he could be ready by the 22nd of june because we had prayerfully seeked to know! fransisco was really touched by the spirtit saturdaynight as we taught. he told us that thats exactly how he wants to feel. he wants to change. he told us that he will pour out his soul to his heavenly father and ask if this is the path he needs to take.our lesson with fransisco was so powerful. the power of two, the power of teaching through the spirit (the only way), and the power that comes through following promptings.  last night we were able to teach how to have family home evening to a young family in the branch! haha it was so fun and the lesson went great. i had an anology with when we trust in god and have faith he will always lift us up! i dont know if you have ever heard or seen the fire and tea bag analogy ...but what happens is you empty all the tea out and set the bag on the persons hand light it on fire and right before the fire gets to the persons hand (Hno aranda) the bag flys into the air meaning if we have faith and put our trust in the lord through what ever comes in life he will always ...lift us up.  note to self...dont use the lipton kind....it doesnt do the most important part....lift off. haha in other words haha hno aranda got a little burnt!! dang. it was a crack up though...we were all laughing! now ,i have to get him to trust me again !
 
love you all! your all amazing!!!
-elder Harper-Smith
 
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. When He returns for His own He will have no problem recognizing me, my banner is clear”. -henry b. eyring
 
get em ivie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment